Why should you go solar? I’m sure that you have heard a lot of things said about switching over to solar energy. So what motivates so many people to make a switch over to solar energy? Here’s a list of the 9 best reasons that people decide to go solar.
- It’s good for the environment. Unlike conventional power, solar produces no harmful emissions that hurt the environment.
- It’s a solid home investment. Many home improvements that you will make, will not add the same value that you put into them. Solar energy will save you money each month. In addition, the investment that you made in solar, will add its exact property value to the home.
- Solar Energy systems are durable. Solar panels have no moving parts, so they are not damaged easily. This lowers the chance for an interruption in service.
- Solar could help you afford that home improvement you’ve been wanting. Many people design a swimming pool or hot tub with their solar system in mind. On average a swimming pool adds $300 to your monthly energy bill. Your solar system could be designed with that extra usage in mind.
- Solar has a fixed energy cost. Utility providers often raise energy costs, but your cost for a solar system would be the same monthly until paid off.
- Being ahead of the curve. The future of energy is in renewable and clean energy. By converting to solar energy now, you’d be a step ahead.
- You can use your Solar Energy all day. There’s a big myth that solar power only works when there is sun, so during the evening hours, you risk a power outage. This is untrue. Most solar energy providers keep you connected to the grid. During the morning and afternoon hours, when most people are at work, your solar system will produce more electricity than your home is using. This excess electricity is pushed back onto the grid. This literally causes your electricity meter to spin backwards. In the evening hours when the sun is down, you will be using the energy credits from the meter spinning backwards. Your excess energy production will be banked for later months.
- Solar Energy is cool! Let’s face it, what’s cooler than the sun powering your home?
- Either way, you can’t keep the money. Whether you’re spending money to make an investment in solar energy, or giving that money to your utility provider, that money is still being spent. Deciding to go solar is very much similar to deciding to purchase a home. You can invest in yourself and take control of your energy costs, or pay your utility provider for rented energy monthly.
Let us help you invest in your energy future. We’ll make solar simple.
For more information call us at 417-831-5052 or contact us.